The important thing is to know that buying and selling domain names is perfectly legal , as long as the domain being sold does not infringe on the trademark rights of a third party. Never forget you need to choose a domain name that does two things: First, it should be easy to remember. Second, it should include one or more of the key words people might use to look for your site.
If you would like to book a domain name or just check to see what is available, please feel free to look up here:
Check availability of a domain name or see your domain name creation date .
Buy a new domain here Great Domain Name Specials at 1&1
Here are definitions of the extensions you can choose from:
- .com represents the word "commercial," and it is an unrestricted global domain name extension. Many businesses prefer a .com domain name because it is a highly recognized symbol for having a business presence on the Internet. But, the number of available .com domain names is shrinking as more and more businesses go online.
- .net represents the word "network," and is an unrestricted global domain name extension most commonly used by Internet service providers, Web-hosting companies, or other businesses that are directly involved in the infrastructure of the Internet. Additionally, some businesses choose domain names with a .net extension for their intranet web sites.
- .org represents the word "organization," and is an unrestricted global domain name extension that is primarily used for non-commercial sites. However, many commercial entities register the .org extensions corresponding to their .com domain names in order to protect their brands.
- .biz is a restricted-use global domain name extension used for business web sites. As a relatively new type of domain, .biz offers a company the opportunity to get the domain name it really wants and enhance its presence on the Web with a domain name that means business.
- .info is an unrestricted domain name extension that creates an opportunity to reach a worldwide audience with information about your business and ideas. .info is growing in popularity, but still has many great names available.
- .us is a restricted-use country code that may be used by any individual or organization with residence in the US or its territories, including foreign organizations that do business in the US.
What about the legal issues on buying a domain name?
Domain Names Registry Legal Information:
The important thing is to know that buying and selling domain names is perfectly legal ,
as long as the domain being sold does not infringe on the trademark rights of a third party.
However, in some cases a domain owner is unaware of or chooses to ignore, the legal constraints.
Fortunately, in these cases, a trademark holder has numerous channels for addressing their ownership dispute.
These resources are described below.
What does "Transfer of Registrar" mean?
A registrar is the company or organization that registers your unique domain name and keeps a record of it in their files. You can transfer your domain. You will need to contact with the company, which you bought the domain name from them. If you are not the authorized owner of the domain being transferred, please have the owner sign the legal approval form. Transfer of Registrar takes a minimum 7-10 days and there may be a downtime of a day or two.
What can I do if the domain name I want is already taken?
If the domain you want has already been registered by someone else, you may still have an opportunity to get this domain through the secondary market for “used” domain names. You have a few options:
1. Find out if the domain is for sale . At domain name marketplaces such as Sedo Domain Parking, you can search through over a million domain names listed for sale by their owners to find out if the one you're looking for might be available. You might also try typing in the domain name itself to see if it resolves to a “for sale” page.
2. Use a domain broker to acquire the domain name . Best brokers can assist you with the entire process, from tracking down the domain's owner to securely transferring the domain once the sale has been completed. One such broker service is provided at sedo.com.
3. Contact the owner directly . If you are experienced in negotiating the acquisition of domain names, you can always contact the owner of the domain name directly. The owner's contact information can usually be found by doing a search through a WHOIS database.